Keep Michigan Beautiful Inc. seeks Executive Director
Keep Michigan Beautiful, Inc. is seeking candidates for the part-time position of Executive Director of the Organization.
The Executive Director supervises the general operation of KMB and is the public face and spokesperson for the Organization.
Some record keeping; some travel; and monthly meetings throughout the State of Michigan. Modest stipend and expenses provided.
interested candidates may contact:
Don Graham c313.719.2541
Waterloo Elementary has been chosen as a top 12 finalist in a nationwide online voting contest sponsored by Bridgestone Tire for a $25,000 playground restoration and we need your help! Please go online to this website and vote for Waterloo once a day throughout the month of April. Please share this link with your family and friends through word of mouth and social media outlets, as every vote counts. Thank you in advance for your help!
Michigan Clean-Up Days
"Michigan Clean-Up Days" (April 1-May 31) has officially been proclaimed by Governor Rick Snyder. (see link for official lproclamation) Now is the time to get involved in a project in your community. We are especially excited this year in that KMB willl be partnering with Keep America Beautiful as part of the Great American Clean-Up. Is your group planning a project? If so, let us know so that we can promote it for you on our website.
Register your clean up event by completing and submitting the form below. Click the Great American Cleanup below to register at Keep America Beautiful.
Our Mission Statement
To promote, to provide education and to recognize beautification and restoration projects throughout the state of Michigan
• Beautification • Clean-Up • Environmental Enhancement
• Site Restoration • Historical Preservation
Keep Michigan Beautiful, Inc. (KMB) is a non-profit, educational organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Michigan, and this is our Web site.
- KMB is comprised of volunteers—men, women and youth—who work on a wide variety of projects intended to carry out the objectives of KMB. Included are municipalities, businesses, foundations, local clubs / organizations, schools and places of worship.
- KMB is supported by Donor-Memberships, other contributions and various fund raising campaigns. It enjoys the moral support of state agencies which also have a direct interest in controlling the problems created by litter. There are many membership categories available; each is important to continue our programs and growth.
KMB's Objectives Are:
- To coordinate the annual statewide "Clean-up Days" (April 1–May 31)
- To promote beautification and restoration projects.
- To encourage enhancement of environmental quality.
- To distribute pertinent information to individuals and groups interested in developing projects that realize the above objectives..
- To host the Annual Awards Program to recognize efforts that contribute to the fulfilment of the goals of KMB.